To all my readers

Thanks for visiting my website. You can read about what I have been doing with regards to my writing. You can also find out about the latest releases, competitions of promotions.

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Pitching or self publishing???

What do you think is the right route for you? 
I myself, have decided to pitch first of all and having begun the process have already received my first rejection letter. I have not been disheartened by this as there are thousands of agents and publishers out there. However, the great British author Mandasue Heller told me that due to the recession publishers are not taking on new authors...
So what about us? The new authors who dream of publication? 
Well, that is where print on demand and self publication comes in handy. I know of a lot of writers out there who have chosen this route and it has been successful for them. 
Margaret Sarah Bechtel, a dear Facebook writing group friend has had two books published by Amazon.com and Createspace. Both her books are selling online now. 
Also, a woman who couldn't get her book published chose self publication and is now #3 on the best seller list, I am unsure of her name. 
So I now invite you to share your thoughts here, pitch or self publication?

4 comments:

  1. You already know what I think. Self-publishing all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beginning to think the same but I still want to try pitching before I go down the route of self publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Self publish or look for a small press that does the knid of books you write.
    Which ever way I wish you luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy self publishing. I've pitched before and have had a few 'bites' so to speak. But I like the idea of publishing when and where I wish. Good luck to you Emma in all you do. Have a beautiful day. 8-) <3

    ReplyDelete